Sarah L. Allred
- Eager to collaborate with other educators to guide students into becoming twenty-first century learners
- through the use of research based strategies, and creative integration of technology.
- Hold Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with a Concentration in English.
- National Board Certified in Early Adolescent English Language Arts since 2001, renewed 2011.
- Masters of Arts Degree in Education Instructional Technology at East Carolina University December
- Use technology as a tool to help students engage in learning with greater relevancy and higher levels of application.
- Dedicated to nurturing a lifelong love of learning in students and adults.
Education, Honors, and Certifications
Masters of Arts in Education Instructional Technology
East Carolina University, Greenville, NC. 2010, GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Science Elementary Education, Concentration in English, Magna Cum Laude
University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC. 1997, GPA 3.7
Randolph County Schools, Teacher of the Year Finalist, 2010-11
Braxton Craven Middle School, Teacher of the Year 2010-11
NC Instructional Technology Specialist, 2010
NC Certified Mentor, 2002
National Board Certification in Early Adolescence English Language Arts, 2001, renewal 2010
North Carolina “A” License K-6, 1997-current
- Eligible for Certification in Middle School Science (passed Praxis but have not applied to add certification yet).
- Plan and instruct subject areas including Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies using wide variety of teaching aids, motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning.
- Incorporate learning modality principles into classroom and individual instruction.
- Served as PLC group leader, Grade Level Chairperson, Science and Social Studies Chairperson, school Webmaster, and as a member of the School Improvement Team.
- Serve as a curriculum coach and professional development leader at school.
- Collaboratively designed and presented professional development on multiple topics at the district and state level face-to-face and online.
- Active learner and contributor in a large online Professional Learning Network.
- Data Literacy Specialist, North Carolina Center for the Advancement of Teaching, 2012 – present
- Instructional Lead Teacher, Braxton Craven Middle School, 2011 – Present
- Sixth Grade Teacher, Braxton Craven Middle School, 2003 – 2011 Trinity, NC , Teaching Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and remediation in Math.
- Sixth Grade Teacher, Randleman Middle School, 1997 – 2003, Randleman, NC, Teaching Language Arts, Reading, and Social Studies.
- Student Teacher, Sedgefield Elementary School, Grade 5, 1996 – 1997, Greensboro, NC , Teaching all subjects.
- Internships, Blueford Elementary School, and Sedgefield Elementary School, Grades K, 3, and 5, 1994 – 1996, Greensboro, NC, Teaching all subjects.
- Dietary Aid, Friends Homes at Guilford, 1992 – 1997. Greensboro, NC . Dining room assistant in nursing home, preparing and serving food, as well as assisting residents with mealtime needs.
- After School Program Teacher, La Petit Academy, 1995. Greensboro, NC. Assisted 40 students, grades K-6 with homework, tutored reading, and planned art and game activities.
Professional Educators of North Carolina
North Carolina Science Teachers Association
North Carolina Technology in Education
North Carolina Center for the Advancement of Teaching
Additional Continuing Education Training
Common Core and Essential Standards, Project Based Learning, AVID, PowerSchool, NCTIES, NC Middle School Conference, Rigor and Relevance, Instructional Coaching, Webmaster Training, Certified Writing Training, Empowering Writers, Improving Student Achievement, 6th Grade Reading Project, All Things Digital,
Reading and Writing in the Content Area 1 and 2, Thinking Maps, Professional Teaming, Guided Reading, Balanced Literacy, Differentiated Instruction, Educational Technology Conference, Discipline/Restitution Workshop, and many other staff development sessions.
Principal Braxton Craven Middle School, email@example.com
Jonathan Wade, Director of Programming NCCAT, firstname.lastname@example.org